Metal bits on rifles

valleyboy
I'm not certain that I've been painting the metal bits of rifles correctly and looking at rifle pictures on the blog I see quite a bit of variation
I notice in the 2 batches of Turks I've painted that the wooden and metal bits differently - I've obviously painted too many Napoleonics over the years

Does anybody have a close up preferably from above that's correct- Is the barrel wood covered in the main or gunmetal?
Advice would be appreciated

Re: Metal bits on rifles

Steve
This is the web page I used because I had exactly the same question as you.  It allowed me to paint the rifles as afar as i can tell correctly.

http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/media/photo/ottoman-m1903-rifle

Re: Metal bits on rifles

valleyboy
Thanks Steve that's great, I've got a bit of repainting to do!